Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Morning Epiphany

I’m sitting at work and the time on the dusty computer screen reads 4:00am. Completely running off fumes, I officially decided to begin to re-watch the seasons of Ugly Betty, laughing at America Ferrea’s character, Betty Suarez’s, colorful outfits. Not only her outfits, but her interactions with all the other characters I love. On top of that, Danny Pino being featured in the telenovela on the Suarez’s living room television is a definite plus. Needless to say, I miss Ugly Betty!! Moving forward.
As I’m sitting here, enjoying myself way more than I should be, I am asking myself, what am I doing? I’ve been in the same job for the past four years that has no real possibility for career advancement. I recognized that when I was first hired, but it was okay because I was enrolled in college. Went to college, that’s right. A traditional four year college, graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; concentration in Human Resource Management. All that means a whole lot of nada today. Please, do not get me wrong. School is imperative and I strongly encourage it! The point I’m making is that it seems to be no longer enough. This economy has deemed it very difficult for recent college graduates to find work. Many of us are in competition with experienced people who may have been laid off of work and are looking to get their foot back in the door even though many of us are looking for a door to stick a toe in.  At least this is what I’m experiencing.
As I’ve previously mentioned in a past blog entry, this year has been extremely rocky for me. Many lows and a few highs. I’m not here to complain about it, I recognize this rollercoaster ride to simply be life. Regardless, 2012 has been pretty difficult. Could be worse, but could be way better. I know that things you deal with in your lifetime can be out of your control but I also know some things are completely in your control. My current upset about not finding work in my field, in spite of the struggles, completely in my control. And watching Betty Suarez, with her bangs, braces, and poncho has really put things into perspective for me. Fully aware this is a made up television show, completely fictional, and far-fetched, Betty’s drive, passion, and willingness to think outside of the box is something to learn from.
I did not go to school for writing, I can’t even stand the thought of it. This is something I love to do in my spare time, and not once have I had a lack of ambition or passion to write. I write almost every day and I have big dreams of self-publishing a successful book. I use the Paige Hurtado blog as a stage, to feel comfortable with people listening to my voice and getting used to my style of writing. I also aim to share things I am learning in my lifetime, in hopes that from my experiences others can learn. That’s the best thing to do with an audience watching. I do want to channel how I treat my writing to my business career as well. It’s an everyday thing, and no question about where I see myself. If I have a dream, it’s my job and responsibility to see it through.
I thank you for reading this entry. As usual, if you’re a new author and are looking for a new platform to get your name in public eye please e-mail PaigeHurtado@gmail.com for the option of being featured on Paige Hurtado for an author introduction. Also, any past author’s that have been featured and have new information and would want to be featured for an author update please contact me as well.
Have a great weekend. Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment