Saturday, February 18, 2012

Author Introduction - Rosemary Morris

Rosemary Morris is an interesting historical novelist. Please read her author introduction to see all the wonderful places she's lived, her published work, what we can expect from her for the future, and much more!



Tell us briefly about yourself.

I was born in 1940 in Sidcup, Kent, England. As a child, when I was not making up stories, my head was ‘always in a book.’


While working in a travel agency, I met my Indian husband. He encouraged me to continue my education at Westminster College. In 1961 I and my husband, now a barrister, moved to his birthplace, Kenya, where I lived from 1981 to 1985. After an attempted coup d’etat, I lived in an ashram in France with four of my five children.

Back in England I wrote historical fiction. I am now a member of the Romantic Novelist’s Association, Historical Novelist’s Association, Historical Novel Society and Watford Writers.


Apart from writing, I enjoy classical Indian literature, reading, visiting places of historical interest, vegetarian cooking, growing organic fruit, herbs, and creative crafts.


Time spent with my five children, and their families, most of who live near me is precious.


What is it you love about writing?

As a historical novelist I enjoy recreating times past for my readers’ entertainment. I also enjoy developing the story, using my imagination and the research.   

What writing projects are you currently working on?


With my copy editor, I am editing my novel Sunday’s Child set in the Regency era. I am revising a novel set in England in 1706, which I plan to submit to my publisher, and I have nearly finished revising a the first of a trilogy set in Edward IInd’s reign. Also, as and when I have time, I am working on a light, frothy novel set at the beginning of Charles II’s reign.

Do you have any work published? If so, where can we find it for purchasing?


Yes my novel, Tangled Love, set in England in 1706, the tale of two great estates and their owners is available from my publisher MuseItUp Publishing, Amazon Kindle, Bookstrand, ,Sony-e-Reader, Kobo, Smash words and elsewhere.




Who are some authors you pay tribute to or really enjoy?


A.C. Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada, Sir Walter Scott, Jane Austin, Georgette Heyer, Elizabeth Goudge, Frances Parkinson Keyes, Tolkien, Margaret Mitchell, M.M Kaye, Rosalind Miles, Anna Jacobs, Elizabeth Chadwick, Rosalind Miles and J.K. Rowlings, to name a few.

Contact information:

www.rosemarymorris.co.uk

Thank you Rosemary! Good luck with all your future writing endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment