Sunday, January 8, 2012

Friendship with your ex: Is this myth possible?

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope that everyone had an excellent holiday season, spending time with the ones you love most. I certainly did.

Now that's out of the way, here is something off topic but something that I've always questioned:

In my own personal experiences, befriending someone you have a romantic history with has constantly proven to be nothing but problematic. In every possible situation. In the most innocent of situations. They have all ended up the same way. Someone from his present is annoyed by my presence and then i am quickly shooed away. Or, someone from my present annoyed by their presence. Shoo Shoo.


So, I ask all of my Blogspot, Twitter, and Facebook friends, what are some reasons why friendship with a past relationship worked, or some reasons why it did not?

Were you the one shooing, or were you the one being shooed away?

Are there some kind of unwritten laws laid down for these mythical friendships to function?

really wonder, what is the point, if any, to remain in these people's lives at all?

Feed my curiosity! :D


Paige Hurtado

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post! And I have one person from the past who will always be in my life, mostly because he's the father of our son and for a lot of other reasons too.
    Why should it work? Because I want him in my life. I'm honest, that's it.
    Why can't it work? "Temptation" on both sides.
    Do you have someone special who's always there, no matter who you are with or who he is with? You respect your present relationship, you don't cheat, and... when you see that special one... Gosh... your world brightens. It's complicated, but it happens.... :p
    XoXo
    Maca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see that it isn't a complete myth! As long as there is respect in your current relationship, I do not see a reason why friendship with an ex cannot continue. Of course, outside factors sometimes get in the way: jealously, temptation, continued feelings, etc. As I see it though, a friend is a friend. Yet, this has never worked out for me. LOL I am happy for your friendship and hope it continues, strong, forever!

    -- Paige

    ReplyDelete