Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Author Introduction: Ilse Giselle

I gladly would like to introduce the next author. (whose name I adore!) Ilse Giselle! She is a writer from LA, who not only writes because it's what she enjoys to do, but she writes with purpose. She has huge aspirations in which she remains true to and has no doubt she will accomplish what she sees in her future. Please continue to read on to find out the list of blogs she enjoys to the reasons why she loves to write!

Introduce yourself.
I am ilse (pronounced ill-say) giselle. I’m an LA girl, born and raised. I am HBCU educated.  I’ve been writing since I was a little girl, little pink diaries, electronic diaries (yeah I had one as a kid. Haha), poems, an online journal, pieces for the school newspaper and most recently on my fashion blog.

What is it you love about writing?

Writing gives you the ability to tell your story or a story and craft it and construct it whichever way you like. It serves as a means of expression or escapism, often both. Writing is just like any other form or art in the sense that you can create your own style of writing different from anything else out there just like many writers and poets have done before. Writing can be the most personal form of art and I love that.
  
Quickly share with us about your blog.

My blog is called Full Figured Potential and it focuses on plus size fashion and style. I wanted to show women with fuller shapes that style was possible and a bit more attainable than they might have thought while at the same time showcasing positive images of plus size women. The name for my blog was actually inspired by a writer. I was inspired by writer/poet Georgia Me and her poem “A Fat Girl’s Blues”.

What are some other great blogs you follow?

I read an insane amount of blogs but the ones I love and  follow religiously are: Nitrolicious, Jak & Jil Blog, Sea of Shoes, The Sartorialist,  Advanced Style, Everyday Folly, The Man Repeller and Noirlettes.

What are your aspirations as a writer?

I am obsessed with leaving my imprint in this world in some way, shape or form. I want my grand children and their children's children or anyone for that matter to be able read something I wrote or look at a picture and just for a second know what a particular moment in my life was like, for them to get to know a part of me through something I wrote. I just want to be remembered as  someone who created something. Whether I publish a best seller one day or  just a blog post that touches one persons’ life, I will be happy either way.

 Do you have any advice for those who are considering writing for their school newspaper, or are planning on creating a new blog?

Write from the heart. It sounds a bit cliche and corny but best writing is the raw, unpretentious, honest writing. When you write something you believe in, something honest, that is when you truly create a connection with your readers. So just maintain your integrity as a writer, many people will criticize your work but you just have to learn to take some good from the bad and continue to perfect your craft.

Where can we find you?

Twitter: @illsaygiselle
Blog: fullfiguredpotential.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment